Ireland offers Nurses a wide range of opportunities, with the possibility to gain diverse exposure. The Nursing and Midwifery Council has created a two-part competency exam for nurses and midwives who are interested in registering in the UK. These tests can be used by all professionals who have been educated outside of the United Kingdom and India. Many people choose to immigrate to Canada to work in the healthcare system. This can prove to be a rewarding and worthwhile decision.
What are the requirements to apply for a Work Permit?
- If you’re a nurse who wants to work in the UK you should register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- You must meet the following qualifications for Qualification: GNM/B.Sc. / Post B.Sc. / Post B.Sc. Nursing
- Experience in Nursing: At least 1 year of work experience within the last 5 years
- English Language Requirements – Any of the following tests are acceptable. Clubbing scores are acceptable. However, two sittings of the test must not exceed six months apart. Check your eligibility for clubbing scores. An IELTS score of 7 or higher is acceptable. A Writing score of 6.5 is acceptable. The test also requires a Reading, Listening, and speaking score of 7.0. OET B for Reading and Listening and Speaking and C+ to Writing will be accepted starting 28 January 2020. The retroactive effect is allowed for 2 years.
- A few competence tests are used to assess the skills and competencies of candidates in professional nursing and midwifery. CBT (Computer-Based Test) is the first part of the test. It is administered at Pearson VUE test centers in one’s home country. The Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) will be the second part of this test and will be administered at designated locations across the UK. Get in touch with us to get the right demography for your Irish immigration.