The German Business Visa is both a short-stay visa type and a Schengen Visa type. It allows its holder to conduct business-related activities within Germany. It allows its holder to travel through all 26 Schengen countries with the exception of cases where he/she holds an LTV visa.
BUSINESS VISA CHECKLIST
The following documents are required to apply for a Germany Business Visa:
- Valid passport valid for at least three months
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- You can prove that you have the financial resources to pay for your stay in Germany and return flight.
- A travel insurance policy worth 30,000 Pounds
- In the event that you travel to Germany for your business, a covering letter from your company
- Invitation letter from the company that you will visit with information about their address and dates for your visit
- A letter from your employer granting permission to you to travel on business.
- Evidence of trade relations between these companies in the past
- Bank statement for the company over the past 3 months
- The income tax returns for the last three years
- The company must sign a declaration confirming that it will cover expenses incurred in the invitation or letter.
- Accommodation proof
- Documentation proving civil status
With a business visa, you can stay in Germany for up to 90 days.
Processing Time for Germany Business Visa
The decision to issue a Business Visa for Germany can be made within the next 24 hours10-15 working days. This processing time can be extended up to 30 days in certain cases where further investigation is required.
Interview for a visa
You should verify with your local German authorities where you are applying for the Germany Business Visa if this is your first application. These could include:
- The German Embassy
- Consulate of Germany
- A Visa Application Center.
The German embassy or main consular office will decide whether you apply for a visa.