For business purposes, travel to Europe
A business visa is authorization from the designated country/countries to be visited within the Schengen Area. It is issued to citizens of countries with mandatory visa requirements. The sole purpose of a business visa is to do business in the EU.
This type of visa does not require the holder to be a citizen of the country to allow them to travel to the destination country. However, such authorizations have their limitations.
Validity and Stay Period:
The Schengen Business Visa is a short-stay that allows the visa holders to enter the Schengen area and stay for up to 90 days within six months unless otherwise stated in the visa sticker.
Visa Application process:
The Business Schengen Visa permits you to travel to Schengen Area to conduct business purposes. This short-term Schengen Visa allows you to travel and stay in the Schengen area to attend business meetings and conferences, as well as take part in commercial/industrial events, exhibitions, etc.
The following documents are required for Schengen Visa applicants:
- Completed Visa Application Form
- Two recent passport-sized photograph
- A valid passport that has at least 2 blank pages and is valid for at most 3 months
- Your day-by-day itinerary for visiting Schengen countries
- Book return and onward flights with complete flight details
- A travel insurance policy that covers expenses up to 30,000 euros
- You must provide proof of your hotel booking or any other accommodation booked during your stay
- Evidence of sufficient funds/financial assistance
You will need to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) on the day of your appointment for documents and biometrics submission.
Visit the VFS on the day of your appointment and submit your biometrics as well as the visa file. A Schengen Visa typically takes between 5-15 days to process at the Embassy/Consulate.